Motorcycle Insurance In North Dakota
You need liability insurance to legally drive your motorcycle or moped in North Dakota. Liability insurance covers injuries to other people in an accident that you are deemed to be responsible for causing. The insurance also covers limited property damage protection.
Minimum Insurance Requirements
North Dakota mandates you must have at a minimum a $25/$50/$25 policy. This means the policy must offer:
- $25,000 to help cover the cost of injuries to a single person
- $50,000 to cover the costs of injuries to multiple people in a single accident
- $25,000 to cover costs to any property damage that occurred in a single accident.
Please note that these are minimum requirements to drive your motorcycle legally on the road and it does not limit anyone who has been hurt or had property damaged from suing you for more than what is required by law. If you are sued and the complainant wins a bigger settlement than the minimums, you will be personally responsible to come up with the rest of the payment. Knowing how to determine how much liability insurance you really need to protect you financially in an accident takes a complete review of your situation. Therefore, you need to talk to a representative from Bold Insurance Services LLC to understand your full financial exposure in an accident and how best to ensure you have adequately covered your assets in case you get into one.
No Insurance Penalties
Riding without motorcycle insurance not only exposes you to financial ruin in case of an accident, but it also opens you up to legal problems. Not having insurance may result in the following penalties:
- Fines: After a fine is assessed, you will still be required to get motorcycle insurance before you can legally ride on the streets.
- Impoundment: Your motorcycle or moped can get impounded. You won’t be able to get your bike back until fines are paid and you have gotten the appropriate insurance coverage.
- Lose License: Your license can get suspended, making it illegal for you to drive any vehicle.
Don’t expose yourself to financial damage and penalties by driving without insurance. Call us at Bold Insurance Services LLC, and we will make sure you get the coverage you need.